Thought I’d give a sneak peek into what I’ve been up to lately bra-wise. I’ve been doing little bits of everything. Sewing bras, learning how to use Adobe Illustrator. Drafting a basic 34B underwire block as part of a distance education course I’ve been taking in Core Bra Cutting and Grading.
This is the cup from a 36G draft. I did the draft both on paper and in Adobe Illustrator. They came out slightly differently but unfortunately I’m not sure which one is more accurate.
Trying to get the hang of the pen tool in Adobe Illustrator. It’s more difficult than it looks. I did finally install Illustrator on my Surface Pro with the touch screen plugin and that’s been really cool to learn. I can see how it might be more intuitive that way actually drawing on the screen. My task this week is to locate the correct cable so I can use my monitor as a second display and essentially use the Surface Pro as a Wacom Cintiq substitute.
I first attempted the 34B bra block for my pattern cutting class by hand then I attempted it in Adobe Illustrator. I discovered to draft well that I need a plugin that allows me to measure lines more accurately. Also again I need to get better at the pen tool. I then scanned in the block I had drafted by and traced around it. The guidelines were drawn in after I had traced it which is why they don’t line up well.Read More